Serra sawmills cut more productively and to a higher quality finish
than ordinary saws:
Thin-kerf. Wide bandsaw blades width from 3-1/4" to 6", variable
blade length, adjust to width of log for straightest cut.
Pivoting sawhead can enter the log at an angle, for ease of sawing.
Use a joystick to move and clamp logs hydraulically, and rotate
them with the patented log clamp turner.
Enjoy these features:
- Controls are all at one end of the machine.
- Heated handles for your comfort in winter.
- Ease of operation with log lifting and manipulation
- No sawdust flying in the wind. Sawdust container empties hydraulically.
- The debarker rides along in front of the sawblade, minimizing damage
to the blade from sand, stones and thick bark.
- Up to four log loaders with up to 3.5 ton capacity can be mounted.
- Toeboards with log clamps.
- Stainless steel bunks prevent discoloration when cutting red oak
and are rounded so bark doesn't get in the way.
- Squaring arms for right-angle positioning of the log.
- Roller drums which move the log forward or backward, but also upward
to help level tapered logs.
- Heavy-duty, computer-modeled frames for any weight of logs, specially
wide and robust design.
- Low noise, low vibration electric motors - 400 V, 3-phase. Optional
diesel engine for the Montana and Alpina.
- If land line electricity is not available, can be supplied with
diesel generators, and PTO generators to run from a tractor.