This is innovation: The first mobile sawmill for giant
logs up to 63 inches.
- This portable sawmill is an ideal addition to a
stationary sawmill for use when faced with larger-than-ordinary
- The Africa SL 160 has a wide
band sawblade with a variably slanting sawhead which can
be hydraulically adjusted to fit the diameter of the logs
- a significant technical innovation.
- The Africa SL 160 saws any
log from 4 to 63 inches with a balanced, centered blade
- Lots of power for large dimensioned
logs: The main engine is a 32 kW- Siemens electric motor.
- Take it anywhere! The mobile version has a robust set
of 5-foot-high balloon tires.
- Or bring the logs to the mill. The axle can be removed
easily, making a stationary mill with an extra low work
position of 20 inches.
- This saw is Ideal when used as an additional machine
for an existing stationary mill. However, if it is to be
used as the only saw, standard hydraulic lift components
can be added.
- Tough user interface for simple, robust handling. Four
hydraulic joy sticks for advance, blade positioning, blade
tensioning and adjusting saw blade guides.
- Easy saw blade positioning
through digital adjustment with zero referencing. Guarantees
accuracy when sawing valuable wood.
Watch a video of the Africa in action!